USA Slingshot Forum  

Go Back   USA Slingshot Forum > Uses for Slingshots

Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 AM
slingshot1952

Default Most Powerful Slingshot?

I would like to purchase a slingshot which would allow me to hunt small game. What would you recommend that I buy for a good hunting slingshot? Is there a commercially-made slingshot available which has the right combination of power and accuracy? Also, is there a commercially made slingshot that is considered to be the most powerful? I've heard that the Saunders' Double Eagle is quite powerful (with double bands), but the replacement bands are pretty expensive. Thanks so much for your help.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Chris

I'm shopping for the same thing right now. I own a Trumark S9 (two of them), 1965 Wham-O w/Bill's Flatbands, Oddwing Ash tube band (looks like a Wham-O). I'm going back and forth between a Saunders Falcon 2 and a Barnett Diablo for a heavy duty hunting slingshot. I like the ones I have already, as they will slip in my pocket. But I have been bitten by the bug and am looking for another one already. I like the look of both the Saunders Falcon 2 and the Barnett Diablo (although it is difficult to find a US dealer for Barnett). I'll be interested to see what the more experienced shooters will suggest.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:17 AM

For me,the Falcon 2 has always been a favorite. The tubes that come with it are very strong and need a heavy ammo. The pouch is another matter. It's vinyl and not a favorite for everyone. The frame is very strong and the handle very comfortable. The Barnett Diablo also has very powerful tubes and is built very well with a huge leather pouch. The fastest stock slingshot that I've tested is the Crosman Vortex at full extension. If your hunting you want a tube that will handle a heavy ammo.The Falcon,Diablo and also the Trumark heavy pull tubes will do the trick. Beware of tubes in cold weather.They really lose velocity.Hope it helps! Flatband
Old 09-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Chris

Thanks Flatband! What is your thoughts on the Barnett Cobra? I can't find a US dealer for the Diablo, but there is a Cobra for a decent price. Is this the same power as the Diablo?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 AM

Hi Chris,I got my Diablo on E-bay and also have seen Cobras. I don't own a Cobra but it looks to me like a similar if not the same frame.Power would probably be the same.Looks like they both come with the heavy Barnett tubes and they are strong! Flatband
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 AM
slingshot1952

Smile Most Powerful slingshot

Chris and Flatband,

Thanks very much for your help.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Default US Barnett Dealer

Guys,

If you are looking for a US Barnett dealer, try this website. I bought by Saunders Wrist Rocket Pro and Saunders Double Eagle Wrist Rocket. Both of these are extremely powerful slingshots which you should consider, especially when the Double Eagle has some of Bill Herriman's flatbands attached.

http://www.archeryexchange.com/produ...ingshots.shtml

MesquiteFork
Old 09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Chris

Thank you for the link and info.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 AM
slingshot1952

Default Most Powerful Slingshots

Gentlemen,

Thanks very much for this information. However, I am not familiar with Bill Herriman. Please elaborate a bit. Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:09 AM

The Trumark RR-2 bands are more powerful than the Barnett Bands.

The power of a slingshot (without fork extension" relies 99% on the bands, so the question "what's the most powerful slingshot?" cannot be answered. You can hang any band on any slingshot, equip a Diablo with RR-2 bands or a S9 with Barnett bands.